1. What is your all time favorite song? "Maps" by Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Fever to Tell was the first CD I bought myself—not a hand-me-down from my sisters—and I played it non-stop for months. It's really the perfect romantic song, whether you're breaking up, making up, whatever.
2. Who inspires you? It's pretty obvious if you look in my closet, but I'm an unabashed, cultish slave to Rick Owens. What he shows on the runway is what he wears and there's no compromise. It's about comfort, not just in terms of soft fabrics, but an internal comfort; being comfortable with yourself and not having to act or look or sound like anybody but you.
3. How did you come to work at Acrimony? I'd originally cut my teeth in the boutique world, but got sucked into working for big fashion companies and retailers and I was miserable. I thought I was going to climb the ladder, but the ladder was steep and every rung looked crappy. I had shopped at Acrimony myself and gotten to know Jenny and one day she asked why I looked so terrible and I vented. At the end of my long complaint, she said, "That sucks. You should quit and work here." So I did.
4. What is your biggest fashion pet peeve? If your jacket has vents, if your dress has pockets, cut them open. Your clothes have to perform and there's nothing worse than buying a gorgeous piece of clothing and then not being able to move in it or stick your phone in your pocket.
5. Who's your hallpass? Chris Pratt. Hands down. Cracking jokes and trains dinosaurs? Absolutely get you a man who can do both.
6. What's a word you absolutely hate? You're talking to a dude who studied English literature, so I have a hard time with this. I like words a lot and I don't think there are any words that I outright hate.
7. What is your current favorite item in the store? The Public School Olan Ruched Zip-Up Jacket.
8. If you were an emoji, which would you be?
Click HERE to shop Marcus's picks.